English / Korean      

HOME ABOUT US ATTORNEYS SERVICES NEWS&ARTICLES RECRUITING CONTACT

Immigration Column
  Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification
  Poster : admin     Date : 12-10-08 11:23     Hit : 8485    
U.S. employers are required by law to verify the employment authorization of all workers they hire on or after November 6, 1986, for employment in the United States, regardless of the workers’ immigration status. Employers who hire or continue to employ individuals knowing that they are not authorized to be employed in the United States, or who fail to comply with employment authorization verification requirements, may face civil and, in some cases, criminal penalties. Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, must be completed for each newly hired employee, including U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and temporary foreign workers, to demonstrate the employer’s compliance with the law and the employee’s work authorization. Through the Form I-9 verification process, employers ensure that employees possess proper authorization to work in the United States and that hiring practices do not unlawfully discriminate based on immigration status.

Total 5
Num Subject Poster Date Hit
5 Apply for U.S. Citizenship admin 10-08 8501
4 Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification admin 10-08 8486
3 Immigrate Fiancé(e) to Become a U.S. Permanent Resident admin 10-08 8555
2 Immigrate an Adopted or Prospective Adopted Child to Become … admin 10-08 8433
1 Sponsor an Employee for U.S. Permanent Resident Status admin 10-08 8429

East West Law Group
660 S. Figueroa St. Suite 1200
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Tel. 1-213-387-3630
Fax. 1-213-863-6332

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.
Copyright 2012 East West Law Group All rights Reserved.