English / Korean      
  Immigration Column
  Sponsor an Employee for U.S. Permanent Resident Status
  Poster : admin     Date : 12-10-08 11:22     Hit : 9103    
As an employer (or prospective employer), if you want to sponsor a foreign national to become a permanent resident based on a permanent job offer, you and the foreign national need to go through a multi-step process.
In most cases, the process begins when the employer obtains an approved Labor Certification Application (LCA) from the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL). After the LCA has been approved by the DOL, the employer continues the process by filing Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, on behalf of the foreign national with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). If prior DOL certification is not required, the sponsoring process will start when you file a Form I-140 with USCIS. Form I-140 is available on our website at www.uscis.gov. Sometimes, as discussed below, the foreign national can combine the Form I-140 with a permanent resident application. For information on all of the filing requirements and fees for a labor certification request with DOL, please visit that agency’s website at www.dol.gov.

Total 5
Num Subject Poster Date Hit
No writing found
East West Law Group
660 S. Figueroa St. Suite 1200
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Tel. 1-213-387-3630
Fax. 1-213-863-6332

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.
Copyright 2012 East West Law Group All rights Reserved.